Tuesday, January 10, 2017

KateGoesKeto:BigMacs&Dr.Pepper

First of all I'd like to start my saying that I FINALLY have experienced a little "whoosh" of weight loss! Not a lot but I'm about 2-3 lbs lighter since I last weighed myself 2 days ago. And that's weighing myself at the end of the day after all my meals have been eaten! 

Now to the "meat" of this post (pun intended)....today I wanted a Big Mac. I've mentioned in posts before that I love me some big macs and I wanted one today.... bad. So I made a Big Mac Casserole! I found the recipe on Pinterest and modified it a little for my tastes, I'll put the recipe below. I was very skeptical. Mostly because I thought Big Mac sauce was like a magical unicorn sauce that couldn't possibly be recreated, and I didn't think I could recreate the fast food tasting goodness of a big Mac at home.

WRONG. It was AMAZING.

I'll never eat another regular Big Mac again. Imagine a Big Mac, made with REAL beef, organic cheese, and just all around wholesome/quality ingredients and that's what a Big Mac Casserole is.


Here was my plate, I couldn't even eat all of it, keto has cut my appetite in half, but I savored EVERY bite. It tasted just like a Big Mac, but better. 

RECIPE:
-2 lbs ground beef (I bought the one with 27% fat ratio) 
-2 bags of shredded cheese (I used 1 bag of mild cheddar and 1 Mexican mix) 
-sesame seeds
-dill pickle slices 
-worstechire 
-black pepper 
-salt
-minced onion 

Instructions-
Preheat oven to 350

Brown your meat then add almost a whole bag of cheese to it, a decent amount of minced onion, a splash of worstechire, and salt and pepper to taste, then mix in some Russian dressing (I did about 3tbs.

Once all is combined and cooked down add mixture to baking pan, I used 2 throw away 9x9 pans, but this could easily go into other sizes and work. Spread out and pat together into bottom of pan.

Cover in sliced pickles (I made a 1 pickle layer, none overlapping)

Drizzle Russian sauce over it. 

Cover in cheese then sprinkle a generous amount of sesame seeds over it. 

Bake for 20 min. Then broil for 5-6 and let the cheese get nice and cooked. 

Voila! Big Mac Casserole. 


This recipe made 2 of these pans. My boyfriend and I ate about half of a pan, bf didn't finish our plates. So for 2 people it would be about 8-10 servings (so a couple lunches/dinners) next time I will probably freeze one pan. 

So I satisfied my fast food craving, ate this with a diet Dr Pepper and then for dessert we had a low carb concoction I whipped up. another pun intended. 


1 cup of HWC
A tbs of cocoa powder 
About teaspoon or so of stevia 
Whip into a whip cream then spread into a Tupperware and stick in the freezer. 

Then I cut up 1 Atkins PB Cup (1 net carb) and sprinkled that on top! Was pretty good but again we barely finished it! 

So far so good, officially 1 week into keto and we are loving it! 

-Katelyn 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment