Friday, January 20, 2017

KateGoesKeto: Whoooosh



I have heard about keto "whoooshes" before, how you will weigh yourself one day and be the same weight you were when you started and the weigh yourself a day or two later and "whoosh" you've dropped a couple pounds. Well, it finally happened for me! I have officially lost and maintained the loss of 4 lbs and counting! I feel great, although I will admit that I have not been 100% faithful at being under 20 net carbs a day. However I am getting back on track and I am even trying to add in some gym time!

Here is a new list of pro and cons that I have come up with in the last couple weeks since my last blog post.

CONS-

1. Sometimes I want something fresh, a fruit salad, an apple, an orange, something like that. And my options have been slim for a "Fresh" snack. My compromise has been carb master yogurt from Kroger and salads. I do really miss fruit though.

2. No freezer meals. I know that this is probably a good thing, but I miss quick and easy freezer meals because with keto basically if you want something hot then it probably is going to require some cooking and prep work.

PROS-

1. Weight loss! Now I can say that I have experienced weight loss so that is pretty cool!

2. fat. head. pizza. Need I say more? Coming soon on the blog, keto pizzas are even better than regular pizza.

3. Yummy foods, this diet is so yummy, yeah I miss a lot of carby foods but the alternative low carb options are good too!


So far still good! I am still loving the LCHF (low carb high fat)/Keto life. Dustin still seems to be enjoying it as well, we have been trying out new recipes and so far our favorites are this low carb chocolate cheesecake pudding with chopped strawberries on top, Fat Head Pizza, and grilled asparagus with olive oil (if you let it roast in the oven it tastes better than pop corn). As well as slow roasting many other veggies, our fail safe dinner plan is a meat like steak or chicken or fish with slow roasted veggies. Not too difficult to make and fills us up!

So thats it for my little update! Soon to come, RECIPES!

-katelyn











No comments:

Post a Comment