Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Plan


Lately I've been struggling with God's plan for my life. Not the plan, but the interpretations that everyone has of that plan. Being called to ordained ministry in highschool/college automatically puts you out there for the "perfect kid" comments. There will be those that think you should do or don't do things. It is extremely important to listen to your elders and people of influence in your life. Make sure you listen to their concerns and soak up all the wisdom they have to offer! BUT- At the end of the day it's you and God. Make sure that above all you are praying and asking God for guidance. Set standards for yourself, standards that are set between you and God. Once you set your standards and your expectations then everything else in your life follows suit. As was the slogan at this past years Louisiana Annual Conference, "If you know who you are you will know what to do." This is what I run my life by, sometimes I slip and I forget who I am, and whose I am, but when I remember who I am and whose I am I know what I should do. But as always- a foolproof plan is always to PRAY. God doesn't pick and choose when to pick up the phone, He is always ready to lend an ear. God's plan is the best plan there could possibly be, if you are ever unsure about something in your life, stay in prayer with God. Always Always Always. That's the best advice I could possibly give anyone about anything. 

Love and Blessings,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment