Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Should, Could, Maybe, Might be?


I think we are all guilty I playing the "what if" game. I know I certainly am, I will lay awake at night sometimes think of all the things that could happen or might happen. I'll think "what if I'm not good enough?" or " what if I can't do that?" Or maybe "what if I mess it up?". I can play the worry game better than anyone I know! I'll worry about the weather, about people, places, things, anything and everything I can worry about. I try to pretend that I'm trying to be prepared but  in all honesty I just can't help but think of the worst possible scenario because I lose confidence in myself so easily. What I forget is that it isn't confidence in myself that is so key, it's confidence in my Creator that is key to a peaceful mind. When the Bible says "lay all your worries at the cross" it doesn't tell you lay those worries there and pick up a new set on the way out! Now I know that it's hard to stop worries from coming to your head, that's part of our DNA, most of us expect the worse! BUT, there is no reason why you can't take a little mental trip to the Cross and meet with Jesus to talk about your worries. I can promise you Jesus will meet you at the cross and help you out, and when you come back from your mental trip to the cross I am willing to bet you'll feel better. A simple prayer can be the bridge from your trials and tribulations to the peace and shelter of the Lord's wings. 

So today as you go about your day, remember to meet with Jesus and talk about your troubles. Take a little mental trip to the cross and find peace in your Heavenly Father. Who could be a better listener than your Creator?

Love and Blessings, 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment