Saturday, August 30, 2014

Why you shouldn't be offended when I write "God Bless" on your ticket...

So as y'all know I am a waitress. You also probably know that I like to vent about being a waitress.

So this is something that has been weighing on my heart recently, so I feel the need to vent about it.

If I am your waitress and it is time for you to get your check I will go to the nearest micro (computer) and print your ticket and then I will write-

Thank you!
God Bless
-<3- Kate

NOW, sometimes I forget or I am in a rush and I don't write this, but most of the time I do. Even if you have been difficult or less than enjoyable during your stay at my table, I will write this, and I do mean it.

I am not by ANY means "shoving" my "religion" or "denomination" down your throat.

First of all, by saying "God Bless" you cannot even tell what denomination I am, however if you ask me I will tell you. You can tell that yes, I am a Christian. But I am in no way saying that you have to be to. I take any chance I get to witness to customers but I do wait for them to initiate any discussion about religion or faith. You have come to enjoy a meal and I will not pester you about ANY topic that you do not bring up first or ask me a question about.

When I put this I am in a way opening up a conversation, you can choose to comment on it if you wish, a lot of customers say "God bless you too!" or say that they like that I put that. I have actually NEVER had someone tell me they did not like that I put that on there but sometimes I have coworkers that express they themselves would be uncomfortable if it were them or customers give me a displeased face when they read it. I do not understand someones discomfort or displeasure with this, it is the same as saying "have a good day!"---- I am simply saying that I hope that the God that I believe to be The Lord and Savior of our world blesses your life after you leave me. While you have been at my table and come into my life, no matter good or bad, I have hoped to be your blessing, I have hoped to meet your wishes and bring you some joy and now that you are leaving me, whether or good or bad terms I hope that you continue to be blessed and get some joy.

I cannot understand why some people take offense to this. I am not trying to convert you, patronize you, or try to make you feel guilty. I am wishing you well.

End. Rant. Sorry guys but sometimes being a waitress is frustrating.


No comments:

Post a Comment