Sunday, July 21, 2013

{IN the Wilderness}


I've been on the road! My grandmother and I picked up this past Friday and spent the weekend in Birmingham, Alabama with my cousin Lyndsay. I enjoyed SO much the time we got to spend with Lyndsay. She is already an ordained Baptist minister and I LOVED being able to talk with her about her journey through ordination and share with her our different views. We were able to do and see a lot over the weekend and of course we were able to EAT at some great places. Friday night we arrived at about 5 P.M. and after unloading and getting settled Lindsay took us to her favorite local sushi place. I LOVE sushi, I wish I would have taken a picture but alas I admit to being a bad blogger and failing to do so. BUT, I do have pictures of my AMAZING lunch on Saturday! 



We went to an AWESOME little restaurant called Urban Cookhouse. I ordered this lovely salad with fresh fruit all from local farms and feta cheese that was also made locally, as well as the lettuce! It was DELICIOUS! I wish we had an Urban Cookhouse in my town!

After lunch we shopped at a few local boutiques and shops, it was a really neat experience and really loved the atmosphere and the people in Birmingham.  P.S.- Downtown Birmingham is gorgeous and has a really great almost bohemian feel to it, the restaurants are all about buying and eating local. The whole downtown area is very fun and energetic!



Saturday night we stayed in downtown for dinner and ate at Cantina! it was a really fun Mexican restaurant snuggled in downtown Birmingham and the food was AMAZING. Also, if you're eating on a budget and in the area then eat here- SO CHEAP! Tacos for under 4$, and the guac is phenomenal! I loved this restaurant and would definitely go again!! 



Also on Saturday we made a trip to Whole Foods! If you know me then you know my absolute LOVE for Whole Foods and Central Market! I love eating organic and clean foods so stores like this are like the holy grail for me! I picked up some rice cakes, organic popcorn, a few different organic granola bars, and some sweet potato chips! All some of my favorites! 

Then after dinner we ventured to Books A Million and I picked up a new journal for only 5$ and then I picked up 2 books from the clearance section, one is Monday's With My Old Pastor by Jose Luis Navajo and the other is Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth. These books both looked really interesting to me and I am excited to begin them this week! 



Now it is Sunday and after a LONG drive we have arrived at our destination. A beautiful cabin that is nestled in the mountains of North Carolina! It is GORGEOUS here! The mountains are truly awe inspiring and I had my camera on my lap the last hour of the trip while we were driving up the mountain. I cannot wait to blog about the rest of this trip! Right now I feel very cliche sitting in a bath robe (already at the cabin) in a cabin in the woods blogging. Cliche, but oh so happy. This trip was exactly what I have been needing. Can't wait to write all about it!

Love and Blessings,
K






No comments:

Post a Comment